welcome to riverside nursery
a perfect place for your son or daughter
We can’t imagine a better site for a city centre nursery than right opposite the River Avon and a few minutes from the shops, bus and train stations. And nor could our most important clients: the 36 or so under fives who love coming here.
Our handy location is a real boon for people who live or work in central Bath, yet we’re also a mere hop, skip and jump away from Green Park’s grassy open space. But of course we don’t spend all our time on the swings and slides - we manage to fit in stories, puzzles, games, drawing, soft play, sleep times and delicious home-cooked meals, too!
When you’re small, every day brings something new and exciting. Especially here!
we learn as we play
Being near a river, canal and small park means we have lots of places to explore nature and play outdoors, and we take full advantage of them in all seasons.
In winter we’ll be making snowmen and throwing snowballs; spring is just made for watching ducklings and collecting twigs and leaves to create lovely pictures; autumn will find us harvesting acorns and other treasures. And summer? Well, all year round actually - we’ll be out on trikes and bikes, playing racing games or listening to stories under the shade of the trees. It’s what being little’s all about.
in a nutshell:
- we care for babies and children from 3 months to 5 years, full-time or part-time. Part-time sessions are either mornings or afternoons, with a minimum requirement of 3 sessions a week per child. Half days cost £30 while full days cost £55 per child
- we’re open from 8am-6pm on weekdays, closing only for a week at Easter and Christmas plus bank holidays
- we have three rooms, plus a garden where the children play and grow organic vegetables
- all food and drinks (and nappies if needed) are included in the daily/weekly price
- we can accommodate special needs